Monday, January 5, 2015

Mother Teresa

Tonight, I began a new book, "Mother Teresa." I am struggling to get past the preface of the book. This struggle does not exist because it is a hard read, but because the preface alone is rich with the life and words of Mother Teresa.

So far there are two quotes that caught my eye:

"I believe", she once said, "in person to person contact. Every person is Christ for me and since there is only one Jesus, the person I am meeting is the one person in the world at that moment."

"No one thinks of the pen while reading a letter," she once wrote, stressing the unimportance of such considerations. "They only want to know the mind of the person who wrote the letter. That's exactly what I am in God's hand- a little pencil. God is writing his love letter to the world in this way, through works of love."

I am completely in awe of this woman. She had a vision of what the world could look like, and that God could change the world through her- the pencil. That God could use one person and change the world is an amazing thing, thanks be to God that God didn't just choose her, but so many more.

May we see Christ in every person we meet. And even if we forget, may we always keep trying to see Christ in each other. 

-Excerpts taken from "Mother Teresa: An Authorized Biography" by Kathryn Spink

No comments:

Post a Comment